Due to the continued need for Covid 19 restrictions, LCGS has made applications available on the front porch of the office for clients. Please use these if you are a new client, need to update your case or want financial assistance. If you are quarantined and have an emergency need, please call or text 270-847-9531. Applications may be returned during normal office hours.
For Food or Financial Assistance
In order to apply for assistance, you will need to completely fill out the application on paper forms available on the front porch of the office. There are several options for returning the application and documentation required to the office.
- Place completed application and copies of documentation in an envelope into the drop slot next to the front door and someone will call you as soon as possible.
- Bring completed application and documentation to the office during business hours. Someone will make copies and then call you as soon as possible.
- Place the completed application in the drop slot and email or text the documentation using the contact information included above.
EVERY TIME YOU COME TO THIS OFFICE YOU WILL NEED YOUR PICTURE ID AND A CURRENT PIECE OF MAIL! (postmarked in the last 30 days)
NEW APPLICATIONS AND UPDATES REQUIRE A CURRENT UTILITY BILL.
What is a “certification period”?
A certification period is the amount of time we will be able to use the information provided before we ask for verification again. Any time there is a change in income, food stamps, address or household members, clients are required to let us know before receiving services.
Generally speaking, if all adults in the home are on a fixed income such as Social Security, SSI, pension, etc., then that household would be certified for the current calendar year. Food stamp dates are noted and anytime clients receive a new letter they should bring it to the office.
All other households may be certified for any period from “one time only” to “six months” depending on the situation. Zero-income must be verified each time.
The Russellville City Water Discount Program is available to those with service from Russellville City Water who are 65+ years old and/or who are permanently disabled who meet certain other income requirements. This may be done at the same time as a client update/application interview.
In order to apply for this you will need to bring the following items with you to the office:
Proper identification (driver’s license or state picture id)
Proof of all types of income for everyone in the household
(must be current income)
Russellville City Water bill
The WorkForce Corner
The Workforce Corner is set up to provide access to job listings, registering for work, job fairs, training programs, and applications for unemployment and food stamps. Assistance is provided during normal business hours. Please inform front desk that you are interested in using the Work Force Corner. A Career Coach is available the first Wednesday of each month from 9 AM until 12 PM.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program is available by appointment only.
Bring the following information with you to your appointment:
- photo id for head of household
- a copy of last year’s tax return
- taxpayer’s proof of identity
- all forms, W-2, 1098 and 1099
- information for other income
- identification number for child care provider
- information for deductions/credits
- proof of account for direct deposit of refund(voided check)
- social security cards and/or ITIN notices/cards for you, your spouse and dependents
Once you have gathered all the required documents, you should come by the office and pick up a tax packet available in the document holder on the front porch. The tax forms in the packet may also be downloaded and printed here. We can not make an appointment for you unless you have all of your paperwork.