Logan County Good Samaritan is the local VITA site. IRS certified preparers can prepare and file your return through the drop off/virtual service. The income limit for this FREE service is $64,000. All taxpayers receive a copy of their return and an envelope to keep it and their records in. Free Assisted Self Filing is available for those making under $73,000. Please email email@example.com or call or text 270-731-7192 for more information. This program is a partnership with the Central Kentucky Economic Empowerment Project with United Way of the Bluegrass. For more information on CKEEP please click here. Please do not use their website for appointments!
Office Opens 1/19/24
Tax Office Hours
Monday , Tuesday and Wednesday 2:30 – 5 pm
Friday – Saturday 10 am – 4 pm
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DROP OFF/VIRTUAL SERVICE – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Due to the current pandemic our office has had to change the way we do everything, please be patient as we do our best to provide this valuable service for our community.
IF YOU ARE above the income limits, the IRS offers many free filing options on their website. Please click here for more information.
Pick up a Tax Packet which contains all of the forms you will need to fill out for tax preparation services. All forms must be completely filled out. These forms may also be printed/downloaded by clicking below.
Returning your documents: you may return your packet 4 ways.
- In person by appointment during tax hours. This is the preferred way to return your documents.
- Through the drop slot by the front door –
BE PREPARED TO ANSWER YOUR PHONE IF YOU DROP YOUR INFO THROUGH THE SLOT
- Through the secured online customer portal –
PLEASE EMAIL FOR INSTRUCTIONS – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emailing documents to – email@example.com
Once your documents are received:
- Returns are processed in the order they are received with all required paperwork – THIS INCLUDES A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT PHOTO ID (NO EXPIRED IDs ACCEPTED) AND SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS. If you dropped off last year, a copy should be in last years’ envelope.
- Each return must have an interview – if not done at the time of drop-off this will be done via telephone and video conference. We encourage you to make an appointment to drop off.
- During the process of completing your return there may be an instance where a tax professional may need to call, email or text you – please answer your phone! NOTE: If you use the customer portal we can do live chat.
- Please indicate the best time to contact you (and your spouse, if married) during the hours listed above on the “additional intake sheet”
- Be sure to read the consent form #14446 that is included in the tax packet. It must be signed in order for VITA sites to prepare a return. It includes important information about how the site will prepare your return.
- You may be called or texted from any of these numbers:
Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis for the video conferencing after exhausting all virtual alternatives.
Logan County Good Samaritan is proud
to be an authorized e-file provider.